About Me

My photo
We have embarked on a life-long journey to become a family. In June 2013, we have brought home two beautiful babies. Our family is now complete and our marriage formally recognized by state and federal laws.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Going back, but moving forward

We are approaching 19 weeks. It's still scary as things could still go wrong. I believe that the "bleeding" experience really traumatized me and my partner. Yes, it's somewhat normal to have a bleeding in the course of a normal pregnancy, but we were really scared because we actually had a single fetal reduction (SFR) 10 days before the bleeding occurred. As you can see on the image, we had 3 gestational sacs (see below).

I have been quite liberal and very progressive as far as I remember. Nothing, however, prepares anyone for an SFR. The experience made me realize how hard it would be for a woman to make the decision to terminate her pregnancy. In today's politics (well, actually since the GOP has called themselves "righteous"), I am absolutely baffled why the GOP thinks and treats women as if like they go to a "salon" (so to speak) for an abortion. Notwithstanding, our experience was emotionally taxing. We held a ceremony with several friends to say goodbye to our third baby.

Goodbye my precious one! We thank you for your sacrifice....

No comments:

Post a Comment